This function allows you to manage your Credit Notes. Credit Notes is usually to record any goods return or further discount.
*Credit Note will increase your stock quantity and amount will be posted into your accounts which will affect your Stock and Accounting reports.
To access Credit Note, click on the Sales Menu > Credit Note.
There are 2 sections in Credit Note main page:
This section will show a summary of your Credit Notes for the past 12 months. It also summarizes these transactions into 4 different status: Unapplied, Partially Applied, Fully Applied and Void.
This section is a listing of all your Credit Notes. You can View, Edit, Void / Unvoid, Apply, Print or Delete any Credit Note from the listing by accessing the last “Action” column.
Creating a new Credit Note
1. Click on the “+New” button.
2. Select your customer. Customer information such as Name, Address etc will display accordingly if you had maintained it at Debtor.
3. Key in any other fields at the header as require. You may leave the “CN No” empty if wish to run system auto numbering. The next possible number is usually displayed at the title.
4. At the detail section, select products or services that your customer wish to return, cancel or you are providing further discount. You may also want to key in detail such as Qty, Unit Price etc if required.
5. For return goods, you will need to tick the “Return?” column. This means that the product will be return to you and your quantity will increase. If it is not for the purpose of return goods, untick this column.
6. Click on the “Save” button to save the transaction.
7. After saving the Credit Note, usually you will need to apply the Credit Note against Invoice. At Credit Note main page, click on the arrow down button > Apply on the Credit Note that is created just now.
8. A new Knock Off Entry will show and the customer information will be copied over accordingly.
9. Tick on the Invoice that you wish to apply the Credit Note. You can change the apply amount if require. You can also tick on multiple Invoices if the Credit Note is used to knock off against multiple Invoices.
10. Click on the “Save” button to save the transaction.
For overseas customer, you can key in the currency rate at the “Rate” column.
Copy from Invoice
If you want to copy the information and details from an Invoice, you can use “Copy from Invoice”.
1. At Credit Note main page, click on the arrow down button beside the “+New” button > Copy from Invoice.
2. A dialog will appear. You can search and select which Invoice that you wish to copy and click “Copy”.
3. A new Credit Note will prompt with copied information from the Invoice that you had selected.
4. You can make any changes as required. Click on the “Save” button to save this transaction.
*You will need to apply the Credit Note as copying from Invoice does not mean that it will apply your Credit Note against that Invoice.
Print Credit Note
You can print or export Credit Note to send it to your customer.
1. At Credit Note main page, click on the arrow down button > Print on the Credit Note that you wish to print. You can also click on the “Action” > Print if you are viewing the Credit Note.
2. A small dialog will appear. Select your Report Name and click “OK”.
3. The Credit Note printout will be generated.
4. You can now print or export to the format that you want.
View Knock Off Details
If you want to know which transaction the Credit Note is applying against, you can use “View Knock Off Details”. Usually, Credit Note will be used to knock off against Invoice.
1. View the Credit Note that you wish to check on the knock off details.
2. Click on the “Action” button à View Knock Off Details.
3. A small dialog will appear. It will show any related transaction that this Credit Note knock off.
Print Credit Note Listing and Batch Printing
If you want to printout a listing of your Credit Note or maybe batch printing multiple Credit Notes, you can use “Print Listing” function to achieve this.
1. At Credit Note main page, click on the “Print Listing” button.
2. Select Report Type. There are 2 selections:
- Batch Print Credit Note: To print multiple Credit Notes.
- Print Credit Note Listing: To print Credit Note listing.
3. Select Report Name. Report Name will be based on the Report Type that you had selected.
4. Define your filters and options. This will determine the results and presentation of the generated report.
5. Click on the “Run Report” button to generate the report.
6. The report will be generated based on your selection.
7. You can now print or export to the format that you want.